Click to enlarge
ISBN 13: 978-1-55017-353-6
ISBN 10: 1-55017-353-7
black & white photos, maps, charts
6 x 9 - 368 pp
CAD$26.95 • USD$26.95
Sites within a Day's Drive of Vancouver
A Field Guide to Gold, Gemstone & Mineral Sites of British Columbia Vol. 2 Revised Edition
by Rick Hudson
Updated and expanded, A Field Guide to Gold, Gemstone & Mineral Sites of British Columbia is a valuable resource for both the armchair geologist and the active rockhound, providing a rich deposit of information that will turn any trip into a prospecting bonanza.
Book DescriptionThe southwest region of British Columbia offers a motherlode of unique rockhounding experiences for both amateur and more seasoned prospectors. This revised and expanded edition of Rick Hudson’s bestseller A Field Guide to Gold, Gemstone & Mineral Sites of British Columbia opens up a whole new world of exploration within a day’s drive of Vancouver.
Covering the area from Vancouver inland to Princeton, Merritt and Cache Creek, and as far up the coast as Whistler and Texada Island, this well-researched guidebook will teach you where to find some of the most sought-after minerals in the province. The Coast Mountains are a treasure trove of minerals and gemstones, from gold and jade to garnet and agate. Discover amethyst next to the road or find fossil trees over a metre long. Enjoy a day hunting for quartz crystals, thundereggs, malachite, garnet, marble or amber.
This comprehensive guidebook reveals a vast deposit of information including:
• Mining history and prospecting techniques
• Over 270 sites in southwestern British Columbia
• At-a-glance information on the types of minerals at each site and ease of access to them
• Colour photographs of sites and minerals
• More than 25 detailed maps, completely redrawn for this edition
• Over 100 site drawings
• Glossary of geological terms and a suggested reading list
• Lists of geological clubs and associations and map sources
• Clear explanation on how to use the Internet to learn about prospect sites