Canadian Prairies Crosswords
by Glenn Rusth
A fun exploration of the Prairie provinces through the world's most popular puzzle.
Book DescriptionWho planted the first wheat in the Prairies?
* How do you say "polar bear" in Inuktitut?
* What's the real name of the Manitoba town Margaret Laurence immortalized as Manawaka?
* What actress from Medicine Hat made her name opposite a giant ape?
* Name the rock guitar wizard from Regina, and the jazz guitar ace from Hochfeld, Manitoba.
* What town near Banff co-hosted the 1988 Calgary Winter Olympics?
Find the answers to these and hundreds of other brain-teasers in Canadian Prairie Crosswords, a sequel to the bestselling British Columbia Crosswords, from a Prairie perspective.
From the early days of the fur trade to the 2002 Winter Olympics, from the shores of Hudson Bay to the foothills of the Rockies, Canadian Prairie Crosswords covers every aspect of life in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta. Sports, politics, pop culture, history, science and many more subjects make this collection of 25 puzzles educational and entertaining.
Old Prairie hands and greenhorns alike will find Canadian Prairie Crosswords the perfect pastime for a solitary commute or an evening of family fun around the kitchen table.